Warehouse Cooler Associate
Sorry, this job has expired.
Forge Industrial Staffing is currently seeking a Warehouse Cooler Associate.
As the Warehouse Cooler Associate you will work primarily in refrigerated and/or freezer areas and receive all inbound cooler product. You will be an integral part of the Distribution Center Team and execute smooth receipt, inventory and movement of product with 100% accuracy in all activity. You are required to distinguish between case and pallet counts versus pallet weights as required and understand pallet numbers, inventory lots, and warehouse locations. You will work with other staff, volunteers, and our customers on a daily basis.
This position is predominantly warehouse-based with primary activity in refrigerated or freezer environments. You will be moving product in and out of trailers and straight trucks.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience
• Prior experience in customer service is required.
• Prior experience performing warehouse functions desired.
• Experience with manual and electronic documentation tools including barcode hardware.
• Excellent demeanor for dealing with agencies, coworkers, volunteers, and donors.
• Pallet jack certification and experience.
• Forklift certification (or ability to be certified)
• Correctly receipt and sort all inbound cooler product in a timely manner.
• Receiving product that came in first, you will sort pallets of product into multiple categories such as dry, frozen, dairy, bread, misc. cooler product, etc.
• Record weight/case counts on proper donation receipts and submit to Inventory Control once product has been separated into categories.
• Place each different category into its designated area in the cooler, freezer, or production area.
• Work with volunteers frequently to assist in receiving cooler product.
• Ability to count accurately and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to execute instructions with exact (100% compliance) attention to detail.
• Ability to safely operate equipment in a warehouse environment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms.
• Ability to lift and/or and move 50 lbs. regularly and to push/pull 200 lbs. of product using manual pallet jack.
• Ability to speak clearly.
• bility to operate machine, mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Occasional manual loading of orders into vehicles.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Forge Industrial Staffing specializes in light industrial work and works with a wide variety of clients such as manufacturing plants, greenhouses and warehouses. The depth and diversity of our clients allows Forge to be your one-stop destination whether you’re seeking an entry level light industrial job or a skilled light industrial position.
Forge Industrial Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employment agency providing job opportunities throughout Indiana and Michigan.